Mid-August means it’s almost time to go back to school, and while you might welcome sending the kids off to class each morning, you’re not thrilled about all the germs they’ll be exposed to.
Fortunately, many essential oils have wonderful antibacterial properties that can protect against various germs and viruses. Learn more about these natural solutions below.
Dragon’s Breath Protective Blend
This powerful blend was specially formulated to defend your home and family against harmful bacteria. It contains Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Peppermint, Eucalyptus Radiata and Oregano, all of which work together to protect against germs.
- Add it to hand sanitizer/soap
- Diffuse to purify the air
- Mix into cleaning solutions
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- ½ cup of baking soda
- 5 drops of Eucalyptus oil
- Mix ingredients together, then add to a warm bath to soothe aching muscles and relax.
Headaches and achiness are common side effects of illness. Rather than using store-bought methods of relief, try utilizing the benefits of Peppermint oil to soothe your body and mind.
- Dilute Peppermint oil in a 2-10% solution, then massage it into your temples, across your forehead, on the back of your neck and any other areas that are affected by your illness.
- Create a vapor rub by combining:
- 7 TB coconut oil
- 2 TB beeswax pellets
- 20 drops of Peppermint oil
- 15 drops of Eucalyptus oil
- 10 drops of Rosemary oil
- Melt beeswax and coconut oil. Remove the oil from the heat when melted, then let cool for 3 minutes. Add essential oils, stir and store in a container with a lid.
Keep in mind that essential oils do not cure cancer, ebola, the flu or other diseases. These recipes and applications should be used to provide relief to minor illnesses.
Do not use essential oils while pregnant, or on children under twelve without consulting the oil manufacturer directly and your child’s physician.