The Origanum majorana plant is a close relative to oregano, with a softer, sweeter taste and smell. Our marjoram essential oil is steam-distilled from the leaves and flowers of marjoram plants grown in Spain.
- Botanical Name: Origanum majorana
- Country of Origin: Spain
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Leaves/Flowers
- Aromatic Scent: warm and spicy aroma, with a hint of nutmeg
- Blends well with: Orange, Lavender, Frankincense, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Basil, Thyme, Cypress, Chamomile, and Nutmeg
Marjoram is a sweet, warming essential oil, and is great for soothing away aches and soreness. Add a few drops to a bath or mix into a soothing sports muscle massage. Diffuse or apply topically in 2-5% dilution.
Marjoram Sweet Essential Oil was very popular and a common medicinal plant amongst the ancient Greeks. The name itself originates from a Greek word meaning “Joy of the Mountains".
Warning: Keep out of reach of children. Undiluted oil not intended for topical use. May irritate eyes and skin. If pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your doctor or health practitioner before use. Infant use discouraged.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
See documentation on the following tab.