The Salvia sclarea (clary sage) plant contains powerful phytoestrogens in the form of sclareol. Our clary sage essential oil is steam-distilled from leaves and flowers grown in Bulgaria.
- Botanical Name: Salvia sclarea
- Country of Origin: Bulgaria
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Leaves and flowers
- Aromatic Scent: Clary Sage Essential Oil has an earthy, fruity and floral aroma that is both nutty and herbaceous
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Neroli, Orange, Sandalwood, and Ylang-ylang
Clary sage is excellent for balancing feminine issues and can be diffused or applied topically to relieve stress and tension. It is also an excellent ingredient to massage blends for its ability to promote soothing relief in spasming muscles. Diffuse or apply to the abdomen or skin in a 2-5% dilution.
Clary sage is sometimes used to stimulate uterine contractions. As such, the essential oil should not be used during pregnancy.
The name Clary Sage is derived from the Latin word for clear - probably because the herb was once used for clearing mucous from the eyes. During the sixteenth century it was also used in England for brewing beer as a replacement for hops.
Warning: Keep out of reach of children. Undiluted oil not intended for topical use. May irritate eyes and skin. If pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your doctor or health practitioner before use. Infant use discouraged.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
See documentation on the following tab.