Vetiver Essential Oil is extracted from the complex white
root system of a grass named Tamil. It is woven into mats in India and Sri
- Botanical Name: Vetiveria zizanioides
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Roots
- Aromatic Scent: Vetiver Essential Oil has an earthy, woody scent characteristic of most essential oils derived from roots in the earth. It also has a rich, sweetly satisfying note that is both warm and masculine
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Rose, Patchouli, Black Pepper, Myrrh, and Nutmeg
Vetiver Essential Oil stimulates deep relaxation and comfort. The oil is typically used in perfumes and aromatherapy. As the oil ages the smell improves.
In India and Sri Lanka, Vetiver Essential Oil is called the "oil of tranquility". In India, a bundle of roots is thrown into water pots to add distinct scent and aroma the water.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Undiluted oil not intended for topical use. May irritate eyes and skin. If pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your doctor or health practitioner before use. Infant use discouraged.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
See documentation on the following tab.