- Botanical Name: Syzygium aromaticum L
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Buds
- Aromatic Scent: Clove Bud Essential Oil smells spicy and rich like actual cloves
- Blends well with: Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, Citronella, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Rose
Clove oil is a very warming oil. Diffuse for added protection or apply topically in 1-2% dilution.
The word clove comes from the Latin word clavus, meaning nail since the shaft and head of the clove bud resembles a nail. Cloves and nutmeg were among the most precious items of Europe in the 16th and 17th centuries, and they were worth more than their weight in gold.