Potasium iodide is a salt of stable (not radioactive) iodine that can help block radioiodine from being absorbed by the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is the part of the body that is most sensitive to these compounds. A single dose of potassium iodide protects the thyroid gland for 24 hours. A one-time dose at recommended levels is usually all that is needed to protect the thyroid gland.
People should take potassium iodide only on the advice of public health or emergency management officials. If radioiodine is not present, taking these supplements and others like it are not protective and could cause harm. Table salt and foods rich in iodine do not contain enough iodine to block radioiodine from getting into your thyroid gland. Do not use table salt or food as a substitute. Do not use dietary supplements that contain iodine in the place of potassium iodide. They can be harmful and non-efficacious.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released guidance in December 2001 on how to safely use potassium iodide.
- IODINE FOR PROTECTION – Potassium Iodide (KI) is a stable iodine salt. Taking a stable iodine helps the thyroid absorb and be “full” of iodine in order to avoid absorbing radioiodine for 24 hours.
- SUGGESTED USE: For short-term use only (up to 2 weeks). : Children: 65 mg, 1 tablet once daily (Adult/Adolescent: 130 mg). Similar use as potassium iodate tablets, ki pills or other iodine supplements.
- GUARANTEED PURE – Our Potassium Iodine Drops, potassium iodide tablets, and potassium iodine pills are 3rd party tested and produced in the USA in an FDA-registered Food-Grade Facility.
- EMERGENCY USE: The body does not produce Iodine naturally, which makes Potassium Iodide Pills perfect for emergency or survival kits.
- GUARANTEED FOREVER: We are a family company founded on quality, integrity, and our forever guarantee. We guarantee your 100% satisfaction or your money back forever!
Potassium Iodide should only be taken as directed by a healthcare practitioner. Advise your healthcare practitioner if pregnant/nursing, taking medication, or if you have a medical condition. Do not exceed suggested usage. For short-term use only. Discontinue use if you develop swollen salivary glands, stomach upset, or skin rash. Do not use if you have an iodine sensitivity, a thyroid condition, or if you are taking anti-hypertension or anti-thyroid medications. Keep out of reach of children
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, Dicalcium Phosphate
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Other names: iodine potassium, iodine tablets, iosat potassium iodide, ki potassium iodide, potasium idione, potassium iodide supplement, thyrosafe potassium iodide tablets, potassium iodide pills, yoduro de potasio pastillas, pastillas de yodo, potassium iodide ki.